Assam Masala Chai Tea (Organic) • The Rose Chai
This spiced rose tea stands out with its rose fragrance. If the aroma was not enough to bowl you over, the malty, spiced, nutty and baked taste surely will. The tea finishes with a mild, sweet note on your palate.
Origin and Ingredients
Picking Season: June 2022 (Second Flush)
Origin: Hathikuli Tea Estate, Assam, India (Single Estate)
Ingredients: Black tea, Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Rose Petals.
How to Steep
In Hot Water: Steep 1 tsp of leaves per 150 ml cup for 3-4 mins in boiling water to make the 1st cup. Steep the leftover leaves from the 1st cup for 6-8 mins in boiling water to make the 2nd cup. If you want iced tea, refrigerate the 1st cup for 30 mins, and then add ice to taste.
In Milk: Steep 2 tsp of leaves per 150 ml cup for 6-8 mins in boiling milk on a stove.
Iced Latte: Steep 2 tsp of leaves per 30 ml cup (i.e. 1 shot) of 3-4 mins in boiling water. Transfer your beverage to a 300 ml glass. Add cold milk and ice. Whip up the beverage in a mixer.
Condiments: Add a sweetener to taste.
This tea is filled with antioxidants, catechins and polyphenols that:
- Promote weight loss.
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases, cancer (ovarian and skin), diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzeihmer's, eczema, high blood pressure and hair fall.
- Build immunity.
- Lower cholesterol.
- Relieve asthma, stress and diarrhea.
- Improve oral health and mental alertness.
This tea pairs well with:
- Breakfast foods such as fried eggs and sausages
- Chocolate (milk or white), custard or lemon desserts
- Spicy food
- Meat pasta
- Cinnamon buns
- Pumpkin pie