Does green tea cause hairfall?


    TL;DR: No, green tea does not cause hair fall.

    Unless you are consuming something like 12+ cups of green tea a day, there should not be a physical effect as detrimental as hair fall as a result. On the contrary, green tea is known for its various health benefits due to the presence of antioxidants and other minerals. However, too much of anything is a bad thing and drinking excessive amounts of green tea could result in adverse side effects (whether hair fall is one of these effects is probably dependent on the person although I have never heard of anyone suffering from this).

    In short, there may be extreme, extenuating circumstances when green tea can cause hair fall (<1% chance), but for the most part (99%), green tea does not cause hair fall.

    Note: There may be cases where hair fall was caused by green tea that had gone bad/contaminated by other materials. It is best to purchase green tea from known brands and brew it yourself using high quality loose leaf tea.

    Visit Hairguard for more information on hair loss.

    Related Posts

    The Chai & Mighty List of Famous Darjeeling Tea Estates
    The Chai & Mighty List of Famous Darjeeling Tea Estates
    And what they're famous for. Please note, this list is not exhaustive and continuously updated. If we have missed a p...
    Read More
    Can diabetes patients take tea?
    Can diabetes patients take tea?
    TL;DR: Usually, yes. However, given that diabetes is a serious medical condition, I would always advise double-checki...
    Read More
    What is better, green tea dip bags or leaves of green tea?
    What is better, green tea dip bags or leaves of green tea?
    Loose Leaf Tea is almost always better for ALL kinds of tea — teabags usually contain low-grades of tea that are neit...
    Read More

    Suggested Teas



    Leave a comment


    Please note, comments must be approved before they are published


    Sale

    Unavailable

    Sold Out