Darjeeling Masala Chai Tea (Organic) • The Presidential Masala
This Darjeeling Chai Tea, a blend of white tea and spices, wakes you up with its subtly spiced, vegetal and pepper flavour that leaves a cool, sweet and fresh aftertaste.
Origin and Ingredients
Picking Season: August 2022 (Rainy Flush)
Origin: Castleton Tea Estate, Darjeeling, India (Single Estate)
Ingredients: White tea, Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Licorice, Peppermint. No other additives.
How to Steep
In Hot Water: Steep 1 tsp of leaves per 150 ml cup for 3-4 mins in boiling water to make the 1st cup. Steep the leftover leaves from the 1st cup for 6-8 mins in boiling water to make the 2nd cup.
Iced: Refrigerate the 1st cup prepared above for 30 mins, and then add ice to taste.
Condiments: Add a sweetener to taste.
This tea is filled with antioxidants, catechins and polyphenols that:
- Reduce stress.
- Promote weight loss.
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases, cancer, diabetes, kidney diseases, eczema, hair fall, hepatitis and depression.
- Build immunity.
- Improve memory and act as anti-ageing agents.
- Aid the treatment of acne.
This tea pairs well with:
- Milk or white chocolate
- Light desserts that are less sweet
- Lightly creamy cheeses
- Fruit salads
- Lightly seasoned fish
- Basmati rice
- Any food with flavours of lemongrass, saffron, apple, apricot, tomato, cashews, anchovies.