Darjeeling White Tea (Organic) • The Victorian Peak
The first pick of the season, this organic White Tea tastes fresh and delicate like a white tea but with hints of grass and seaweed like a green tea.
Origin and Ingredients
Picking Season: March 2022 (First Flush)
Grade: FTGFOP1 (Leaf tea, Highest quality)
Origin: Steinthal Tea Estate, Darjeeling, India (Single Estate)
Ingredients: White tea. No additives.
How to Steep
In Hot Water: Steep 1 tsp of leaves per 150 ml cup for 4-6 mins in boiling water to make the 1st cup. Steep the leftover leaves from the 1st cup for 8-10 mins in boiling water to make the 2nd cup.
Iced: Refrigerate the 1st cup prepared above for 30 mins, and then add ice to taste.
Condiments: Add a sweetener to taste.
This tea is filled with antioxidants, catechins and polyphenols that:
- Help digestion.
- Promote weight loss.
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases, cancer, diabetes, kidney diseases, eczema, hair fall, hepatitis and depression.
- Build immunity.
- Improve memory and act as anti-ageing agents.
- Aid the treatment of acne.
This tea pairs well with:
- Milk or white chocolate
- Light desserts that are less sweet
- Lightly creamy cheeses
- Fruit salads
- Lightly seasoned fish
- Basmati rice
- Any food with flavours of lemongrass, saffron, apple, apricot, tomato, cashews, anchovies.