Assam Masala Chai Tea (Organic) • The Mighty Masala
This aromatic organic Assam Chai Tea has an earthy, nutty, and malty taste. It has a refreshing, sweet aftertaste, meaning you do not need to add sweeteners.
Picking Season: May 2022 (Second Flush)
Grade: TGFOP (Loose), GBOP (Tea bag)
Origin: Satrupa Tea Estate, Assam, India (Single Estate)
Ingredients: Black tea, Ginger, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Licorice, Star Anise
In Hot Water: Steep 1 tsp of leaves per 150 ml cup for 3-4 mins in boiling water to make the 1st cup. Steep the leftover leaves from the 1st cup for 6-8 mins in boiling water to make the 2nd cup. If you want iced tea, refrigerate the 1st cup for 30 mins, and then add ice to taste.
In Milk: Steep 2 tsp of leaves per 150 ml cup for 6-8 mins in boiling milk on a stove.
Iced Latte: Steep 2 tsp of leaves per 30 ml cup (i.e. 1 shot) of 3-4 mins in boiling water. Transfer your beverage to a 300 ml glass. Add cold milk and ice. Whip up the beverage in a mixer.
Condiments: Add a sweetener to taste.
This tea is filled with antioxidants, catechins and polyphenols that:
- Help sugar control.
- Promote weight loss.
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases, cancer (ovarian and skin), diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzeihmer's, eczema, high blood pressure and hair fall.
- Build immunity.
- Lower cholesterol.
- Relieve asthma, stress and diarrhea.
- Improve oral health and mental alertness.
This tea pairs well with:
- Breakfast foods such as fried eggs and sausages
- Chocolate (milk or white), custard or lemon desserts
- Spicy food
- Meat pasta
- Cinnamon buns
- Pumpkin pie